QlikView Review

It can connect to multiple sources of data without needing ETL prior to load.

What is most valuable?

• Connect to multiple sources of data without needing ETL prior to load
  • Ability to create complex data joins within the script
  • ETL features
  • Ability to do complex customization in the design and data representation (set analysis)
  • Associative search capabilities

What needs improvement?

• Scalability
  • Live connections
  • Responsive design

I have been using QlikView for four years.

Customer service and technical support are very good.

Among Tableau, QlikView, and Qlik Sense, I prefer QlikView, due to its higher customization capabilities, its associative nature, and its ETL features.

Initial setup simplicity or complexity depends on the project and the systems already in place. As for the tool itself, initial setup is straightforward.

I have implemented it in-house and with a vendor team. Business needs need to be fully understood and documented. Most of the issues have always been data related. The development team and the business HAVE to get a full understanding of what the data is, where it is stored, and how it is stored. BUSINESS RULES and a DATA DICTIONARY are a must.

What other advice do I have?

Standardization in design/development is crucial. FULL communication and documentation with EVERYONE is needed. I don’t know how much time has been lost or efforts duplicated because of a lack of all this.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company has an alliance with the vendor.
More QlikView reviews from users