Qlikview

QlikView Review
It can connect to multiple sources of data without needing ETL prior to load.

Valuable Features:

• Connect to multiple sources of data without needing ETL prior to load
  • Ability to create complex data joins within the script
  • ETL features
  • Ability to do complex customization in the design and data representation (set analysis)
  • Associative search capabilities

Room for Improvement:

• Scalability
  • Live connections
  • Responsive design

Use of Solution:

I have been using QlikView for four years.

Customer service and technical support are very good.

Previous Solutions:

Among Tableau, QlikView, and Qlik Sense, I prefer QlikView, due to its higher customization capabilities, its associative nature, and its ETL features.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup simplicity or complexity depends on the project and the systems already in place. As for the tool itself, initial setup is straightforward.

Implementation Team:

I have implemented it in-house and with a vendor team. Business needs need to be fully understood and documented. Most of the issues have always been data related. The development team and the business HAVE to get a full understanding of what the data is, where it is stored, and how it is stored. BUSINESS RULES and a DATA DICTIONARY are a must.

Other Advice:

Standardization in design/development is crucial. FULL communication and documentation with EVERYONE is needed. I don’t know how much time has been lost or efforts duplicated because of a lack of all this.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company has an alliance with the vendor.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 233,557 professionals have used our research on 5,892 solutions.