Qlikview

QlikView Review
The associative indexing engine does away with the need to design and build OLAP cubes.

Valuable Features:

• The associative indexing engine that does away with the need to design and build OLAP cubes. Instead, it can integrate information from multiple sources in one data model that is easy to maintain, expand, and completely flexible to navigate (no pre-defined query paths).
  • The out-of-the-box ETL capability that takes care of the necessary data transformations without having to rely on a separate product.

Improvements to My Organization:

All information analysis, from casual one-shots to continuous tracking reports, is done with QlikView. This lets us see new patterns as they develop, enabling us to react quickly.

Room for Improvement:

Currently, there is no SaaS licensing model.

The ETL tool could use some visual aids in addition to the wizards that help to build the code.

Visualization design is not drag-and-drop.

Use of Solution:

I have used it for 6.5 years.

Deployment Issues:

I have not experienced any deployment, stability or scalability issues, except when the workload load exceeds the hardware capabilities, which is the result of poor sizing, poor development practices, or unanticipated growth.

Customer service is almost always spotless.

Tech support is efficient, but seldom necessary due to the very large and dynamic user community.

Previous Solutions:

We did not previously use a different solution. Choosing it comes naturally because we resell Qlik.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup is as straightforward as client/server installations go. Complexity can arise when getting access to data sources or integrating with third-party security, for example.

Implementation Team:

We implemented it in house, because we have a Qlik consulting practice. My advice is to not overcomplicate the implementation with excessive design, because the data model can grow organically over time.

ROI:

Historically, ROI is best-in class for this kind of solution. My advice is: If you have many users, use the large deal size to your advantage.

Other Advice:

Join the Qlik Community, ask around if you have any questions, and hire certified consultants.

Take my rating in the context of a complete Business Intelligence platform: data acquisition, transformation, reporting, dashboards, visualization, analytics, collaboration, mobility, and so on.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 221,958 professionals have used our research on 5,674 solutions.