Qlikview

QlikView Review
The most valuable features of the product are its in-memory and ETL capabilities, especially the set analysis function.

Valuable Features:

Improvements to My Organization:

We developed in a couple of days an application based on a timesheet application, in order to have a real-time vision of what we do in IT service. Before, there wasn't any system except some Excel manual spreadsheets.

We developed a QlikView prototype based on sales data to give easy and visual access to the data. It took minutes to be loaded, compared to the existing system of traditional cubes that required hours to be loaded... to give what? Reports without any interactivity.

Room for Improvement:

QlikView should improve its front-end design and import the Qlik Sense design within.

Use of Solution:

I have been using it for two years.

Deployment Issues:

We used the Nprinting extension. A great toot to create PDF reports, etc... However, the tool is not stable; installation was difficult before being able to use it.

I rate the level of customer service and technical support 8/10, efficient.

Previous Solutions:

I previously used IBM Cognos, Tableau, MS, SAP BO... Personally, QlikView is the best when you talk about fast delivery and visualisation.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was straightforward: half a day and your QlikView server is up and running.

Implementation Team:

I implemented it in-house, but I had QlikView experience.

ROI:

QlikView is like a race boat, compared to other vendors who are king of Queen Elizabeth. ROI is never easy to measure but at the very least, you will definitely deliver something with added value to your customers within weeks.

Other Advice:

Consider the ETL capabilites of the tool, not only the visualisation. And, of course, the performance!

0 Comments

Have A Question About QlikView?

Our experts can help. 203,620 professionals have used our research on 5,518 solutions.