What is most valuable?
The product has so many features, but it has some unique ones that most of the similar products do not have. Those outstanding features include the following:
- User friendliness
- Drill down
- Alignment of business processes (QPR Processes, QPR EA) to strategy (QPR Metrics)
- It has a capability to export its content to MS Word reports which are also customizable based on the organization’s reporting requirements
- Export the content to MS Office in the Portal (MS PowerPoint & Excel)
- All the information that is on the QPR system, is published on one platform called QPR Portal
- It is interactive. Users can communicate using the Portal on issues, sending action plans to relevant members
How has it helped my organization?
- We are able to identify and eliminate processes that are not necessary. This results in reducing our expenses
- The aligning of strategy to the business processes
- Transparency of performance of both personnel and business units
- It helps to improve performance as the organization is more focused and strategy driven
What needs improvement?
The reporting part in MS Office. There should be an easier way of reporting, or producing, reports in MS Office.
For how long have I used the solution?
I have used QPR since 2003, so 12 years now.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
- Change management is the main issue
- Other people are more resistant to new systems
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
No. The product is very stable.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
No we did not. We run the system on a SQL database which has a capability of expanding as the information grows. So, as the organization, and data grows, the SQL database will expand too.
How are customer service and technical support?
Excellent. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
How was the initial setup?
The setup is straightforward and where you are stuck, the technical support team are available throughout your setup to provide any level of assistance.
What about the implementation team?
We did an implementation in-house.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
The other option was Cognos.
What other advice do I have?
You should have a dedicated office, team, or staff members to run with the product on a daily basis. You don’t want to take staff from other departments like IT to run this along side their other daily activities, as it will not work to full potential. It need its own team to run effectively and produce results within a short space of time.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Mar 31 2015