QPR Metrics Review

We are able to identify and eliminate processes that are not necessary but there should be an easier way of reporting, or producing reports in MS Office.

What is most valuable?

The product has so many features, but it has some unique ones that most of the similar products do not have. Those outstanding features include the following:

• User friendliness
  • Drill down
  • Alignment of business processes (QPR Processes, QPR EA) to strategy (QPR Metrics)
  • It has a capability to export its content to MS Word reports which are also customizable based on the organization’s reporting requirements
  • Export the content to MS Office in the Portal (MS PowerPoint & Excel)
  • All the information that is on the QPR system, is published on one platform called QPR Portal
  • It is interactive. Users can communicate using the Portal on issues, sending action plans to relevant members

How has it helped my organization?

• We are able to identify and eliminate processes that are not necessary. This results in reducing our expenses
  • The aligning of strategy to the business processes
  • Transparency of performance of both personnel and business units
  • It helps to improve performance as the organization is more focused and strategy driven

What needs improvement?

The reporting part in MS Office. There should be an easier way of reporting, or producing, reports in MS Office.

I have used QPR since 2003, so 12 years now.

• Change management is the main issue
  • Other people are more resistant to new systems

No. The product is very stable.

No we did not. We run the system on a SQL database which has a capability of expanding as the information grows. So, as the organization, and data grows, the SQL database will expand too.

Excellent.

Excellent.

No we did not.

The setup is straightforward and where you are stuck, the technical support team are available throughout your setup to provide any level of assistance.

We did an implementation in-house.

The other option was Cognos.

What other advice do I have?

You should have a dedicated office, team, or staff members to run with the product on a daily basis. You don’t want to take staff from other departments like IT to run this along side their other daily activities, as it will not work to full potential. It need its own team to run effectively and produce results within a short space of time.