Quadient Inspire Review

Extensive built-in functions save us time, and good training is available

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for high-speed variable printing of letters, statements, etc.

I have also used Inspire for direct mail marketing pieces. The previous company I was with was using DesignMerge with Adobe InDesign, and moving to Inspire was the best move because it opened so many doors and possibilities.

It also worked more seamlessly than DesignMerge. With the volume we were working with, DesignMerge just wasn't robust enough. It would get bogged down and process far too slowly. Inspire is fast, reliable, and pretty unlimited in what you can do.

How has it helped my organization?

Inspire has allowed us to do things we would not be able to do without it.

Inspire is like an iceberg, most users only use about 10% and do not realize all the amazing things it can do.

What is most valuable?

All of the built-in features are valuable because they are such a time saver.

Proofing without having to export a PDF to proof is a huge benefit.

You are able to view the data right next to the proof and cycle through the records, record by record, or you can cycle through page by page if you want. However, the record by record is great if you are viewing letters that have blank backers.

The built-in output options are a huge benefit, as you have what you need right in inspire if you need PDFs, AFPs, TNOs, etc.

The FCV feature is also a huge benefit.

The training modules are very helpful in learning features you haven't used before, or in learning how to use Inspire in a way or for something you haven't done before.

What needs improvement?

One improvement would be to make the training modules or university free for users, as not all companies will pay for their employees to do the training and get the certificates.

Also, maybe having some training modules that are more specific to different types of uses, for example, a set for marking materials and a different set for statements.

We have been using Quadient Inspire for 10+ years.

Previously, I used DesignMerge in Adobe InDesign. I switched because the company I was with was using DesignMerge internally and outsourcing the Inspire work.

I did not evaluate other options.

Learn what your peers think about Quadient Inspire. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,249 professionals have used our research since 2012.