Quality Center Review

With the BPT module, we can update test cases in less time as would otherwise take to update two or three business components.

What is most valuable?

The Business Process Testing module and approach to testing in QC is its most valuable feature.

How has it helped my organization?

For manual test cases, we need to write test case each time and if any update or CR comes then we need to go to each test case and update, which is very time consuming. But, with BPT we can update it in less time as would otherwise take to update two or three business components. After a refresh, it will automatically update the whole test set, which is over 100 test cases.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a bit of improvement in its look and feel.

We've used it for seven years.

There were issues with the deployment.

We had some issues with the stability.

We had some issues with the scalability.

8/10

8/10

Earlier I used Mantis, but it was not user friendly and had no functionality apart from defect tracking. But HP QC is defect tracking by default. Test Case Execution tracking and reporting functionality which will serve all purposes for testing processes.

The initial setup was not complex.

We used a vendor team with in-house machines for the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

For testing processes and improvements, I would suggest you use this product. But, if you're looking at cost, then that might be a concern, but no doubt it is the best tool for testing.

1 Comment
author avatarDon Ingerson
ELITE SQUADTOP 5Consultant

Nice review Gourav. I did have a question. How was the learning curve for QA team members for learning BPT module of QC when your company originally started using BPT?