Quality Center Review

What is most valuable?

I personally found the defect tracking feature very useful in my ongoing project. Our complete Agile process of Software development and QA is dependent HPE Quality Center.

How has it helped my organization?

It has streamlined communication with business users and technical users whereby business requirements are now tracked on HPE Quality Center.

Thus, providing clarity with simplicity.

What needs improvement?

I've faced a couple of bugs in the product whereby we were not able to open attachments on a particular ticket.

The session timeout time also needs to be longer in my opinion.

I've been using this solution for close to two years on a daily basis, and it's a wonderful product.

Not in particular, only certain defects that I've mentioned for the question above regarding areas for improvement.

Certain minor issues such as error in opening attachments linked to a ticket and session timeout issues apart, otherwise the product is stable.

The product is scalable and consistently delivers the required purpose.

HPE has dedicated support with this licensed product and they were available for any queries.

Technical issues were resolved based on SR with HP team and the response was good.

We have used HPE QC from the onset as the scale of our operation and the throughput of requirements were greater so using other solutions, such as Kanban, were not feasible in our project.

Initial setup was straightforward with installation and HPE provides tutorials for advanced modification.

It was implemented by our client team and we helped them with the offshore installation.

The value created was high in our project as were dealing with an application with high public exposure, so the smooth working of tracking requirements and defects definitely gave a good ROI.

For pricing, I recommend to buy a bundled package. Check the HPE site for more details.

Other teams had used Kanban and its visual style of quality control, but it was not a good fit in our project.

What other advice do I have?

I highly recommend HPE Quality Center for its simplicity and ease of use whereby Business and Technical teams can see each other's progress and help make better decisions.

1 visitor found this review helpful
5 Comments
HenryReal UserTOP REVIEWERTOP 5

HPE still a top dog in tracking

Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Abin, nice and concise article. Regarding your statement about session timeout not being long enough - the QC Admin can change the settings in the Site Administrator to however long you would like it to be.

17 July 17
OATS Engineer-Onsite Consultant at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employeesConsultantTOP 10

@Henry yes it still is the go to solution for tracking.

17 July 17

@Don Thank you for taking the time to go through the review, i found this option in the tool, that was useful, still time to time i came across attachment related issues.

Don IngersonConsultantELITE SQUADTOP 5

Yes there are situations sometimes like you described. HP is pretty good at releasing patches to fix a situation you described. Have you checked the Support Site to see if there is a patch released for this situation?