Quality Center Review

Upgrading is too complex and costly. Provides app test case organization with a way to be able to organize it.

What is most valuable?

Definitely the testing. My app test case organization, being able to organize it, and standardize a quality program.

What needs improvement?

Definitely ease the complexity of the tool: the upgrading part of the tool. It needs to be easier.

Also, it needs easier integrations. I know one of the big reasons we did upgrades to the ALM upgrade license was because you could use Octane, which Tasktop is giving free for a year. That helps integrate with some of our other tools. I think as our organization, one of our biggest challenges is, we have all of these different tools, and getting them to talk to each other. To really have a whole encompassing pipeline, that is our challenge.

Five years.

We don't really have downtime, but we do have where it crashes here and there. So, stability is not great, but okay.

It does not meet our needs. The product is very geared towards waterfall. Very stable, standard things, and as an organization, we want to be innovative. We want to try new things, and it just doesn't seem to do that easily.

It's okay. We've had to escalate things a few times to get answers, but they have provided them in the end.

Setup and upgrades are complex.

Probably one of my biggest issues with the product is that it's so complex and hard to do. We even paid $30,000 for a consultant to come in. One year in, then we wanted this upgrade again, and they wanted to have a consultant come in again. I'm like, "We just did!"

So, we decided, "We're going to try it without it," and so far it's going well, but the complexity of it seems to be daunting to engineers, not like other tools that they implement and upgrade.