Qualys VM Review

Easy to use and scalable but needs to be priced more competitively

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for vulnerability assessment of internal server as well as the external server.

What is most valuable?

The solution, overall, is very useful for our organization.

It is very easy to use and there are lots of options. We can usually easily go through it and all of the things we want to configure, and we can configure everything to our specifications very easily.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes we face a problem with accessing the tool and not getting an expected result. From a technology point of view, they need to look into this.

They need to consider how they can improve tool usability and different scanning options.

Sometimes we are facing issues while performing a scan and things are not correctly shown on the GUI. Even as we are doing a task, it may show up as completed, and then something is not visible. Sometimes we face other technical problems. For example, sometimes we can't go to the next page. It's limiting any positive results.

The solution needs to be easier to understand and configure.

The pricing is a bit on the higher side compared to other products in the industry.

I've been dealing with the solution for the last five or six years now. It's been a while.

I haven't had any issues with stability. It's been okay.

I don't see any issues with scalability. When we do multiple IP scans, when we require an increase in the number of IPs, we won't have any problem doing so.

The technical support has been fine. We're getting the required support we need when we need it. I'd say we're pretty satisfied in that regard.

I find the pricing to be a bit high, especially compared to the competition.

While we didn't evaluate other options previously, currently, we are looking at all sorts of vulnerability management solutions and that's including Kenna and RiskSense.

Although Qualys has come up with the model, I've not really looked that far into their other offerings. There is the possibility of upgrading the model on the part of vulnerability management. We'll see if we change solutions or decide to upgrade instead.

We've also looked at Tenable, which is easier to understand and configure.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Qualys customer. We aren't a reseller or partner.

Overall I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

We are currently looking at other options, to see if there's a better solution out there. This one has pretty good technical support and is easy to use, however, there are other issues associated with it.

Private Cloud