Qualys VM Review

Good technical support that is always there when you need them, but the prioritization of vulnerabilities needs to be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using Qualys for vulnerability detection, as part of our security solution. We're moving towards Defender ATP because I am looking more at the Operational Technology (OT) side of things than I am at the Information Technology (IT) side.

What is most valuable?

What I like best about this product is that it does what it is supposed to do, which is vulnerability scanning.

What needs improvement?

We are moving away from Qualys to Defender ATP because I find that Defender ATP is much better at prioritizing the vulnerabilities that I should be looking at.

In general, I would like to see some better analytics and prioritization of vulnerabilities.

We have been working with Qualys VM for three years.

Qualys VM is a stable solution.

This is a stable product.

Technical support is great and we've never really had a problem. They're always there if we need them.

We did not work with another similar solution prior to Qualys.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Our setup involved some on-premises deployments but ultimately, it uses the cloud.

They have recently changed the pricing model, which is now better than it was before.

Right now, we don't have anything in our OT environment, and this is what I am particularly interested in. I am currently having discussions about new solutions with Qualys, Tenable, and Forescout.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
More Qualys VM reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Tenable SC
Find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable Network Security and others in Vulnerability Management. Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.