Qualys VM Review

A reliable, affordable, safe, scalable, and easy-to-use solution for vulnerability management and policy compliance

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator. We implement Qualys for our customers for vulnerability management and policy compliance. We are not using Qualys as a product in our company. We have public, private, and hybrid cloud as well as on-premises deployments.

What is most valuable?

There are many features. Its reliability, ease of installation, ease of use, and the richness of the information provided are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

Its integration with ServiceNow and other similar products is complicated and can be improved. It should also have virtual batching.

They should support more standards and compliance requirements and more customizations. For policy compliance, they can add the standards required by the countries in the Middle East. Each country generates its own standards and frameworks, and those frameworks should be there in all products, not only in Qualys. The market here is huge, especially in the cybersecurity field. Qatar has a framework for Qatar 2022, and each and every company in the public or private sector has to follow the Qatar 2022 framework.

I have been using this solution for three years.

Qualys is a reliable, strong, and solid product.

It is scalable. The main advantage of Qualys is that it is a cloud-based solution because of which you can scale it up or down according to your needs. It is very quick and flexible.

Because we are in the Middle East, we deal with the office in Dubai. You cannot imagine how supportive they are. They are amazing in their response.

The initial setup was easy. It has great hardware. Its deployment was easier than Rapid7, which is a bit complicated. Tenable is less complicated, but Qualys is faster and easier to deploy than Tenable.

I deployed Qualys in two hours. It is easy to install, manage, and go through. There are multiple tabs, and everything is understandable.

Qualys is cheaper and more affordable than other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Qualys because it is a reliable, affordable, and very safe product. It can have everything that you are looking for.

I would rate Qualys VM an eight out of ten.

More Qualys VM reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Tenable SC
Find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable Network Security and others in Vulnerability Management. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.