Qualys VM Review

User-friendly, supports multiple platforms, and the VM DR capabilities are helpful

What is our primary use case?

We are using Qualys VM, as our scanner tool. We also use it for Application Security and Policy Compliance.

We use it for the identification of vulnerabilities for all of our devices on the network. This includes Windows workstations, servers, and Linux machines. We also use it for cloud, and external use as well.

What is most valuable?

The features that are most valuable are the identification, scan features, and the identification of vulnerabilities. Recently, the VMDR additions and the threat protection has been useful.

It's pretty user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The Patch Identifications, which are supersedence identifications, need improvement.

I would like to see more accuracy in detections, better reporting capabilities, and better dashboard download capabilities. These are things that are definitely needed.

I have been using Qualys VM for more than 15 years.

We are using the latest version.

VMDR was added in July with newer enhancements.

It's a stable solution.

It's very scalable for large networks. We have also used the agents and they work very well.

I have a team of five in our organization and external to it, there are approximately twenty-five.

We engage with technical support often. There could be some improvements made.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It is different for every company, but for us, it's every three years. I will know more about the pricing in September because we are going to be looking at our pricing again.

We get a large volume discount, which is good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product to others who are interested in using it.

Hybrid Cloud
More Qualys VM reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Tenable SC
Find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable Network Security and others in Vulnerability Management. Updated: February 2021.
465,623 professionals have used our research since 2012.