Qualys VM Review

Helps prioritize which security patches need to be deployed on specific equipment

What is our primary use case?

It's used for vulnerability assessments, assessment of IT equipment, PCs, servers. It's supposed to help prioritize which security patches need to be deployed on that equipment.

What is most valuable?

The prioritization feature is great. I think it has all of the advanced features that we need.

What needs improvement?

It's too early for me to say if there is any room for improvement since we're in the first couple of months of using this solution. So far, we've been pretty happy about it. Nothing comes to mind that is negative.

Given that it's really new, we're really trying to use all of the features and get a good comfort level and gain more experience in it. For this reason, I can't speak negatively of it, yet.

We've been using Qualys for roughly six to seven years, but we've only been using Qualys VMDR for a few months.

Qualys VMDR is very stable.

Qualys VMDR is definitely scalable.

They provide a lot of free virtual training to really understand the technology and the solution. That's a plus for them.

I used to work with QualysGuard VM — an older version. The earlier version didn't have the detection response that we needed, that's why this time it has the detection response. VMDR is the evolution of the solution.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. Deployment was quick.

We implemented this solution ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight. For us, it's just more of gathering more experience. The more we learn, I think we'll appreciate it, and then maybe from that point, we'll be able to say it's a nine, or a ten. It's more on us versus the solution.

More Qualys VM reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Tenable SC
Find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, Rapid7, Tenable Network Security and others in Vulnerability Management. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.