Qualys VM Review

It's worth the investment, but score calculation needs to be improved. I had to manually re-calculate scoring at times.

Valuable Features

The interface is pretty good, as all the instructions are clear enough. The way you can create groups or scheduling scans and reports is a very good feature, and the CSV reports have very good information.

Improvements to My Organization

In this case, my last employer was a Qualys partner and the consultancy was extra. But, the reports and the way the information is, helped a lot. Also, with this information concise presentations were sent to the CIO every month.

Room for Improvement

I think the only area to improve it is the way the scores are calculated. That was the only problem I had and because of that, all scores had to be rectified manually.

Use of Solution

I was using both Multimedios Redes (Enterprise version) and Lamosa for three years. I also used PC, PCI, and WAS.

No issues were encountered.

Maybe one or two times, but they were caused by scheduled windows, but these problems were fixed very quickly.

No issues were encountered.

Very good! I think I would give them 10/10 because in Latin America the service was excellent.

Again, I would give them 10/10, as the documentation is so good and all is clear, but if you have a doubt, technical support was always concise and had a quick answer. Also the community helps a lot.

I did not personally, but the technical contacts that worked for my customers tried another solutions, and they chose Qualys for the easy way it manages the processes.

The initial setup was very easy, with no complications found when the instructions were followed. Also, this activity was done with a physical and virtual appliance, and both ways were very easy to follow.

ROI

I was the vendor team, but I can give you the answer from the actual companies I worked for. The administrators, before Qualys, did not care so much about security, patching, etc.; but, after Qualys they changed their minds. Security took a very important role and of course they reduced, a lot, the chances of being hacked or attacked. It also helped, at this point, to be verified by auditors.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's worth it, really, when you see the complete picture and see all the factors. It is a very good investment. Qualys is a very good tool and very easy to use and it is also better to have an annual subscription rather than paying for a scan.

Other Solutions Considered

My customers evaluated Foundstone and Rapid7, and possibly others.