Qualys VM Review

Vulnerability scanner with good dashboard presentation and clear reporting

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases of this solution are as a scanner. We use it with Azure and AWS. For on-premises, we use physical scanners all over the globe. We have deployed our external scanners in approximately 70 regions.

What is most valuable?

What I like about Qualys VM is the dashboard presentation. It's very good.

The reporting capability and executive reporting are very good.

What needs improvement?

Customer support needs to be improved because it was not to our SLA standards.

Suddenly, the scan engine will go down. We don't know what the reason is, or how it goes down. Because of that, the business is impacted.

I had a look at the PCI reports  (policy compliance reports) and I have heard that most memberships have been taken by Azure, although I was not aware of that. I would like to see more documentation or awareness.

I have worked with Qualys VM for the last two years.

This solution is stable.

The scalability is good.

The customer support is very bad. When we submit a ticket, we do not get a response immediately.

Previously, I have used Rapid 7 Nexpose. They are similar solutions although what Qualys is providing, it provides well but requires less. Qualys reporting is better.

Nexpose has upgraded too, and now their reporting is also very good.

The initial setup was straightforward and we didn't have any issues with it.

What other advice do I have?

If you are comparing Nexpose and Qualys, I would prefer Qualys. The UI is good and whatever reports you are getting, are very clear. If you present it to management, the reports are good. They require an executive report that highlights the vulnerability and how many servers are affected. You can customize it also.

Nexpose is coming out with new features, but Qualys has already implemented them.

More Qualys VM reviews from users