Qualys Web Application Scanning Review

Thorough detection, good visual interface, scalable

What is our primary use case?

My company works for another company called Ecolab here in Bangalore. We are an Ecolab digital center, we develop mobile application. We use Vericode and this solution for testing these web applications before going live. This includes the full testing periods and the production phase. Once it has been tested, we then get them ready to go live.

What is most valuable?

I have found the detection of vulnerabilities tool thorough with good results and the graphical display output to be wonderful and full of colors. It allows many types of outputs, such as bar and chart previews.

What needs improvement?

When comparing this solution to Veracode, Veracode has good interactive features and gives a clear understanding of what the vulnerabilities are, which error line of the vulnerability is on and what can be done. It gives interactive features, whereas this solution does not give a clear understanding of where or how to fix the problem.

In the future, customer support could improve and the output report needs to be simplified for better understanding.

I have been using the solution for the last 12 months.

We have expanded the solution in a few areas and it was scalable. We have approximately 50 people using the solution in my organization.

There is some improvement needed for the technical support.

We have used Veracode previously and we are currently still using it.

The installation is complex and it took approximately one month which included the customization.

We are on an annual license for the solution and the pricing could be more affordable.

We are planning on moving to Veracode because we are getting better results and is easier to use than this solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution is if you have experience and knowledge with vulnerability management and reading through all the threats, this could be a good platform for you. If you are a new starter this solution is not a good place to start.

I rate Qualys Web Application Scanning an eight out of ten.

More Qualys Web Application Scanning reviews from users
...who compared it with Rapid7 AppSpider
Find out what your peers are saying about Qualys, Veracode, Acunetix and others in Application Security. Updated: July 2021.
521,690 professionals have used our research since 2012.