Qualys Web Application Scanning Review

Enables us to identify vulnerability levels and to enforce security credentials

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is to audit the security level of my customer's internet. We offer this as a service.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that we are able to scan the services and put credentials like a user ID password. We can verify the vulnerability level.

What needs improvement?

They should improve the performance of the security scanning. It should have better performance.

I have been using Qualys for fifteen years.

The stability is very good.

The scalability is very good. It is very easy to expand this solution. We scan on an IP address basis. We have credit for 250 IP addresses, and we are free to use it in our user environment, or on the cloud.

We have around twenty users using this solution.

Their technical support is good. We don't use them frequently because we offer that service.

I also checked Rapid7 for internal scanning. I picked Qualys for a specific use. It's a SaaS service. We use it to audit the security level of my customer's internet.

The initial setup is straightforward. A deployment that we did last week took four hours in order to launch it.

I am an integrator. I work for an integration company. I do the deployments.

Our licensing costs are on a yearly basis. We buy a group of IP addresses we can scan on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this product is to find a solution that is easy to use. We use this solution because we need to.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because the reporting needs improvement. It should have better automatic reporting.