Quark Review

Superb, descriptive, easy to use PageLayout program

Valuable Features:

As a Quark loyal user over the last 5 years, I give it a thumbs up all the way over any other PageLayout software. Quark is a quick program, that does not slow down your system. Very user friendly, easy to use toolbar, descriptive. I have found that even the less experienced employees/users are able to use Quark with almost non-existent issues. Each update to Quark is definitely for the better. Quark is an all around superb program.

Room for Improvement:

I like Quark all around, with the exception of the customer service. Customer service appears to be outsourced, and you do not get the help that you need. Their representatives provide basic level support, so if you are looking for more, you need to rely on online support. Otherwise, I have found nothing wrong with Quark.

Other Advice:

I chose this software over other products such as InDesign because Quark provided the user friendly, descriptive atmosphere that I was looking for. The program is able to be used in both Windows and Mac atmospheres. Definitely got my moneys worth.
1 Comment
Developer at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employeesVendor

Comparing Quark with InDesign, I would say that InDesign has the advantage of working well with the other Adobe products. InDesign was the first one that allowed the importation of graphics with Layers and allowed the user to directly output files to PDFs. Also it was the first one that introduced drop shadows for graphics and text. But beside those advantages of InDesign, Quark still has the market because it was there first. Quark has many pros as you mentioned very well in your review.

20 April 13