Quest Foglight for APM Review

I found the algorithms to forecast growth and concerns particularly intuitive.

Improvements to My Organization

Quicker turnaround on MTTR, a better understanding of real time impact. Proactive approach to capacity and growth within the company from the historical data gathered. Understanding and making SLA’s achievable and accurate to both the customer and business. Reporting improvements through the level of data available and the ability to automate.

Valuable Features

Capacity on database and file servers. I found the algorithms to forecast growth and concerns particularly intuitive. Real time mapping of services and the compliance of SLA’s, ultimately adding all the dependencies’ to key systems. This level of viewable monitoring had many benefits such as alerting, scalability, reporting and service dashboard we could promote.

Room for Improvement

SQL agents often failed but again this may have been addressed in future versions.

There was no issue with the stability.

The size of the database, thought is required in the amount of metrics you wish to capture and the duration.

Support is always available and we received good onsite training from a Dell representative, but with business this doesn't come cheap and is expected.

Other Solutions Considered

It was a decision made by the management, so not privy to the reasons and I wasn't around for the previous monitoring solution.