Quest Foglight for APM Review

This has helped us many times with issues such as promo codes not working and customers unable to get to a particular page to end the checkout process. You only get a plot for five minute average.

Improvements to My Organization

We are able to monitor all of our applications and with the APM and tie them into a service and our operations team and quickly view all services and pinpoint where the issue would be if its at the application layer or database layer.

Valuable Features

The Application Performance Monitor is one of the most valuable tools you can have in your bag for monitoring. With the APM you can replay the end user session and see issues quickly by viewing the session. This has helped us many times with issues such as promo codes not working and customers unable to get to a particular page to end the checkout process.

Room for Improvement

My only complaint from Foglight for monitoring is that you only get a plot for five minute average for metrics like CPU and Memory, on the application side I can see metrics more quickly at 15 seconds for metrics like active sessions, heap. I would like to see the same for CPU and memory.

We have had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

Foglight Support is great most of the time, support and help with what ever level your issue is.

We chose this product because it could do all the monitoring we where looking for , CPU, MEMORY, SQL, AD, and EXC. The biggest reason we chose this was the end user monitoring

It's straightforward after you understand the terminology in Foglight.

Implementation Team

We implemented in house but ran into many issues with all of the pieces of Foglight had to purchase Professional Services.

ROI

Our ROI has been great it has saved us many times to resolve issues before customers started complaining.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Foglight can be expensive I would go with the pricing at a three year deal.

Other Advice

Open tickets with support and discuss the pieces of what you are implementing it with support.