Quest Foglight for APM Review

​We keep an eye on high latency, so we can handle bottlenecks before they become a bigger problem.​

Improvements to My Organization

Valuable Features

VMware environment. Because of the overall view of the VMware environment. As well as the alerting. At a glance I can easily see what is going on with all of my VMware environments, including top consumers of resources.

Room for Improvement

Since our purchase, the product has split in many ways. It needs to have more simplified – buy one buy all licensing. The “cartridge” concept for every little thing is a bit of a bother to implement.

We've had no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it for our needs.

Technical Support has been excellent. Since we originally purchased, Dell purchased Quest – and the support is excellent.

Dell OpenManage and HP InsightManager provide different kinds of hardware level information, and we did not find suitable for our VM guest monitoring.

The only issue I have had is with the “cartridge” concept, and the different updates to that. I am looking forward to trying the newer version sometime. Right now, this version just works well the way it is for what I want it for.

Implementation Team

We implemented it ourselves.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Since the product split – the licensing is a bit more complex.