Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Review

Everything works as per the description and it has a low learning curve

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple types of desktops and laptops that are distributed asset management that we're using to consolidate all the data in a single tool portal. We are also using it to deploy the Windows patches.

What is most valuable?

Feature-wise, I think it's more to do with the usability. It's pretty simple and it's got a very low learning curve, so that helps a lot. Feature-wise, things work pretty well as it's provided a lot of information available on the guides and the manuals and things work as per the description.

What needs improvement?

The remote desktop tool they are using needs improvement. They have integrated some third-party tools for remote desktop connections but that is a bit complicated. That can be further simplified. Maybe they can have something of their own in the future.

I have been using Quest KACE for two and a half years.

It's very stable. It's been working without any challenges for the last two and a half years.

It is scalable. I have a friend in that company, they're using it for around 35,000 endpoints. It's pretty scalable.

In two and a half years I have contacted support twice and it was duly handled. Their support is good.

The initial setup was simple.

We did a total count of 1,000 desktops. It was done within a couple of weeks.

We got some backing help from the Quest team. It was telephonic support.

It requires very basic maintenance from our side. We had logged one or two support tickets with the vendor, but we immediately got the information that was required; more of configuration help rather than an issue.

It has multiple additional costs. We use the Asset and Patch Management which has a separate license.

We evaluated multiple tools that I remember. Kaseya, Sapphire, and the third one was Symphony SUMMIT.

Kaseya and Sapphire were actually much more cost-effective compared to KACE, but then the solution capability and functionality, we found KACE was much better, much more simpler, and even more stable. Symphony SUMMIT was a decent solution, but again, all things combined in terms of usability, cost, and everything, the support from the team, we found KACE was better.

Overall, KACE is better. If you consider cost, support, and stability, and usability, then it's better. It's slightly on the costlier side, but it's much more stable than most of the other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

They have come up with a mobile app interface that I would like to know more about. I attended some of their webinars where they were talking about their AI chatbots and a lot of automation around AI. Those are certain things that I would like to see in the product.

I would definitely recommend it but I would also suggest evaluating other solutions because the difference becomes much clearer. On the outset, it might not be very clear what the advantages are. But once you have evaluated two, three other tools, you will obviously see the advantages of KACE.

It's good to have backend technical support also. Go for the technical support so that in case anything happens, the KACE team is very friendly and they respond on time. It gives you that added cushion that if anything goes wrong, you have somebody to help.

I would rate Quest KACE a nine out of ten.

More Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance reviews from users