Quest%20software logo

Quest NetVault Review
Instead of searching from each backup, we can search from all the backups. It should have a web interface.

Valuable Features:

The features that help us to search tables/databases available in the backup list are most valuable to us.

Sometimes tables/databases are dropped accidentally by clients. They ask us whether the backup of a particular table/database is available for a particular date. Instead of searching from each backup, we can search from all the backups and the search results shows all the available backups along with backup date and expiration. This feature saves a lot of time and help us to restore things quickly.

The netvault solution was installed on really big scale, we used to manage database and files system backup.
The software was installed on 30 Bar Servers of Europe’s 8 Big Telecom Operators.
Due to official reasons I cannot disclose the name of the telecom companies.
The BAR solution was installed on really big scale.
With the help of this tool we were able to meet the adhoc backup and restore requests from 8 countries in timely manners.
The catalogue databases of netvalut was very efficient and it helped us to search tables/views/dbs from different backup sets in quickway .
Built in reports were very helpful to conduct the analysis of the media utilization and capacity planning.

Improvements to My Organization:

This tool was very useful to plan for the really large data backup. We have utilized this tool to backup 150 TB data on a weekly basis.

Room for Improvement:

This product should have a web interface.

Use of Solution:

I have been using this product for three years.

Stability Issues:

The license expired without any warning and that caused us some problems. There should be a warning in advance.

Scalability Issues:

We never had any scalability issues.

We never had any technical issues, so we never had the opportunity to contact them either.

Previous Solutions:

We never used any other prior solution on that project.

Initial Setup:

The initial setup was done by another team, so I cannot give any insight on this.

Other Solutions Considered:

I was not part of the team that made this decision.

Other Advice:

This product is very useful and cost effective.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Quest NetVault?

Our experts can help. 229,168 professionals have used our research on 5,846 solutions.