Quest Rapid Recovery Review

A good backup solution for small and medium-sized businesses that offers a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used to backup all infrastructure environments as well as the database.

What is most valuable?

The best feature of the solution is the user interface. It also offers a very simple audit from the utilization environment and has a very easy installation agent on record.

What needs improvement?

Rapid Recovery support is very bad. It's outdated and needs to be expanded.

Rapid Recovery can only backup the machine or disc, but it can't back up from folders, files, and things like that.

In a future release, I'd like them to offer more database support, file-level backup capabilities, and recovery, and a better support menu in the restoration environment.

I've been selling the solution for two years.

The solution is very stable.

Scalability on the solution is great, but you need more resources or to make more backups. You need some RAM memory, more space, to scale.

I've contacted technical support in the past if I've needed information or to find out if Rapid Recovery will be able to support some features. We've never had any problems with them before.

We previously sold Quest Results. It's from the same Quest software company. We switched because Quest is an enterprise-level backup solution. Rapid Recovery is a better small and medium-sized business solution.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not complex. Installation only takes maybe five or six minutes. Edge installation takes another five or so minutes as well, so you are up and running in ten minutes.

We handle the deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a distributor. I sell this solution to clients. We typically deal with the on-premises version of the solution.

The solution is a great backup for the retail environment. It's a simple installation as well.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

1 Comment
author avatarTimpa Angaye
TOP 5Real User

The solution is seamless when it comes to restoring your backup.
One of the tools that needs to be improved is reporting.