Quest Rapid Recovery Review

Can take a snapshot of everything on a server and replicate it on another server in real-time but it is lacking features

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model for this solution. My primary use case of this solution is to backup my physical server.

What is most valuable?

The fact that it can take a snapshot of everything on a server and replicate it on another server in real-time is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

You can only take a snapshot from a virtual environment. It should have the ability to take snapshots from both a virtual and physical environment.

I have been using Quest Rapid Recovery for more than a year now.

It's very stable.

It was deployed by the IT department. It's not used by a user. We use it to replicate applications to another point, as another disaster recovery measure.

We have technical support. The time difference affects their response time but we do get support when we need it. I am satisfied with their support.

The initial setup was complex. It took a while to deploy because we had a lot of challenges. We didn't get it to a perfect, 100% point. We are managing it the way it is.

It's very expensive which is why I want to drop it. They charge us per core and we have a six-core server. It's expensive to pay for maintenance charges. I want to switch to something cheaper.

There are additional costs to the standard licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

If cost isn't an issue, it's a very good solution. If you're looking at your overall, yearly costs you should look for something cheaper.

I would rate it a seven out of ten. Not a ten because it's lacking features. It can only replicate from SQL to SQL, not Oracle to SQL or IBM, etc.

1 Comment
Timpa AngayeReal UserTOP 5

Rapid Recovery takes a snapshot from one environment to another in real-time.
Its a nice solution that i would recommend to any small medium sized organization.

05 November 19