Quest Rapid Recovery Review

Good general backup for replication and virtual standby but it's buggy

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is for backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

The general backup for replication and virtual standby are the most valuable aspects. It does what it says it does. It's a decent tool for not a big budget.

What needs improvement?

It's buggy. That's a big problem. We're arranging to get rid of it. We're going to switch to Veeam. We've had no end of issues with it. When we got critical outages, we weren't able to rely on. It's quite frustrating but they do have some really, really good support guys. Generally speaking, they do try and get on top of these issues as quickly as possible, but I've just seen too many bugs with it. It doesn't work as I want it to work.

In the next release, they should tie up all these issues that they've got with the bugs.

I've been using this solution for one and a half to two years.

It's not stable.

It's relatively scalable. We have 21 users.

Some of the guys they've for there are really good, some of them are useless. I would rate their technical support as a seven out of ten.

The initial setup is relatively simple. It's not hard.

What other advice do I have?

I've experienced a lot of issues with it, so I would advise against installing it and going with Veeam. I would rate it a six out of ten.