Quest SharePlex Review

Excellent data backup and transfer features, with a quick and easy setup

What is most valuable?

The synchronization, data backup, and data transfer are all valuable features of the solution.

The core features of the solution we like are the reliability of the data transfer and the accuracy of data read and write. The stability of the solution is also excellent.

What needs improvement?

The reporting features need improvement. It would be very good for users to have a clear understanding of the status of replication.

In the next release, they should add support for integrations between databases to be increased. Currently, you can only transfer between Oracle and SQL, SQL and Oracle. If this was developed more, it would be very, very good.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is very scalable. It can handle a terabyte of data easily.

The technical support is handled by Quest who handles all of their other products as well. They offer a good level of support. We're satisfied.

The initial setup is very easy. If you follow the guide, in five minutes you will have the full solution that can replicate databases of any size.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

I would advise others that they have the ability to get a lot out of the solution. It has a lot of potential for deployment. You can use it for reporting, for data recovery, for backup, for replication, for updates, and for migration. It can be very useful for many applications.

I would rate the solution 9.5 out of ten. It's even better than the Oracle solution, in my opinion.