QuickBase Review

Power Packed - High on Ammo

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature of QuickBase is it's Bulk import feature. While comparing this product with others that we reviewed for implementation, this one feature stood out among others. The ease with which bulk import works especially the copy excel to clipboard feature has given enough flexibility to end users & clients.

Another feature which has very pleasantly come across is the customizations feature where complex algorithms & reports can be built using JQuery & JavaScript yet amalgamates really well with its out of box components.

How has it helped my organization?

We've been able to add productivity in our learning processes, Reduce total FTE percentage. Streamlined workflow processes at a low cost to serve also keeps our clients happy.

Since the product is not domain specific, we've been able to utilize this product into various domains and processes.

What needs improvement?

1. Need better automated performance management across sites.

2. QuickBase lacks multi-lingual support which is highly required.

3. Multi-select dropdown is a must-have.

4. User selection based on user groups and not all users is a must have.

1.5 years

No Issues.

No issues so far except a recent unavailability of QuickBase due to data center issue. All instances were down for 5-6 hours during that time affected our work heavily.

No issue so far.

Unavailability of the support site in case of issues/site down leads to a bad user experience. This has happened recently which added to distrust.

Also there is no availability of Customer service over Telephone or a live web chat. Relying only on support tickets or raising issues over service page in case a site is down or issues are being fixed yeilds to unpleasant experience.

Customer service is average.

Good

Used an in-house implementation team however switched over to the vendor due to the following benefits:

1. Low cost to serve

2. Ease of making changes to the application

3. Time to market was considerably reduced in comparison to previous solution

The setup in our case was complex because we needed to implement complex algorithms which we did using customizations. We needed to build integration with 3rd party solutions, SSO/SAML, currency conversions etc.

We implemented through a vendor team. Would rate the vendor (8/10).

15% ROI in terms of CTS (Cost to serve) during the 1st year.

Reduction in FTE by 20%

License cost is a bit high and can be looked into with Intuit

We evaluated the following options:

1. SharePoint

2. Salesforce

3. All n One

1 Comment
author avatarTeam Lead at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees

Nice review Mohit. Indeed a review with wealth of information.