QuickBase Review

We have utilized lookup formulas to help automatically populate fields regarding employee workgroups, but it can be difficult to figure out how to overlap functions.

What is most valuable?

QuickBase provides a great way to generate reports quickly from large amounts of data. Information is easily organized using tables and one-to-many relationships. We have utilized lookup formulas to help automatically populate fields regarding employee workgroups with many fields.

How has it helped my organization?

In our organization, we keep track of the seniority of thousands of employees, as well as their particular workgroup and the location of that workgroup. QuickBase has allowed us to easily categorize these employees, workgroups, and work locations into separate tables and then relate them to one another for comprehensive reports. It has given us lots of visibility for our workers.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out how to overlap functions. For example, it isn't as easy as it would seem to make a line graph overlap a bar chart. Sometimes easy functions like this take a much longer than expected time to complete.

We have used QuickBase as a solution for one year three months.

In deployment we had some initial pushback from employees, who had been used to another system for over 10 years, for the process we were changing from.

Stability is constantly changing. Often times when we call with a large problem, we are redirected to "Trinity," Intuit's consulting and development group, who will then ask us to let them build the app for $XX rate.

Yes. Scalability issues resulted because of a lack of our knowledge in data normalization and data structuring. As with any system that keeps track of information or generates reports, you must have a strong system from the very bottom otherwise it will not be very scalable.

Customer service is great. All you have to do is open a ticket and a representative will be there to help you out. They call usually on the same day. I was able to learn QuickBase in less than a month because of their help.

Technical support and webinars help greatly. It is a huge asset to be able to see how QuickBase functions in many different scenarios (on a weekly basis) because of the webinars.

Yes, but our previous solution was really no solution at all. It was really just a place-filler that had no place being where it was. We used Microsoft Word tables to keep track of our employee records.

The initial setup was very easy. All it took was "creating an app" (or selecting an existing one), and building what you wanted to see right into it. Very, very straightforward.

We implemented through an in-house team that had about three months experience. The solution required a short user-guide to basic functions, which were picked up quickly based on their user-roles.

Our ROI is unable to be determined at this time. However, long term this solution is determined to help the company greatly with hiring forecasts in our maintenance department.

It may be worth your investment. Do your research and find out exactly how QuickBase can work for you. There are so many functions and capabilities. It would be a shame to not utilize something that you are paying for.

No. QuickBase was being used for other functions within our company and seemed like the best fit for the problem we were trying to solve.

What other advice do I have?

Be knowledgable. It can be an extremely useful program, but you will only get out what you put in. Put the hard work in and reap a great benefit!