Intuit logo

QuickBase Review
It's easy to use and creating applications is quick.

971

Valuable Features:

The ease of use of Quickbase is second to none. Creating applications in Quickbase will take, literally, a fraction of the time it would take to create them in other database applications (which shall remain unnamed).

Improvements to My Organization:

We have a very peculiar business, where no canned database would fit our need. By building the app in Quickbase, we were able to consolidate our CRM, all the customer resources, technical resources, and a slew of other items under one roof.

Best of all, the improvement on the app isn't a one-time deal because any time our business process has any modifications, we can immediately reflect those in our Quickbase workflows, as it is extremely easy to manipulate.

Room for Improvement:

Reports, more specifically formatting reports. The reporting capability itself is pretty powerful in Quickbase; however, formatting those reports to present them directly to clients leave you a bit wanting. There are some 3rd-party providers that have some convoluted ways to create reports to MS Word, but they're too cumbersome. If this gets improved, it would be so close to perfection.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for three years.

Deployment Issues:

Deployment was extremely easy. I am not a database architect, yet I've designed our company's database all from scratch, with almost no help whatsoever. (By the way, there are a TON of amazing resources in the Quickbase community, where almost every question has already been answered.)

Stability Issues:

This product his extremely stable. Every once in a while, you will notice a tiny lag in the interface, but otherwise, it's extremely fast, and is very stable.

Scalability Issues:

I have not quite reached any limitations with scalability, but having seen its architecture, including its extensive API, Quickbase can be scaled within itself, as well as through its API to extend into larger and/or different systems.

Customer service is excellent. Engineers are always very friendly, and happy to help. Response is usually within the same day. I've never contacted them by phone, so I can't speak to that, but email support has been satisfactory.

The technical support is very good. The engineers are quite skilled, and can answer anything from a basic question to all the complex ones, and anything in between.

Previous Solutions:

I have tried using Filemaker to create my solution, and MS Access, and a SQL database, all proved to be very cumbersome to work with, and required a deep knowledge in database architecture to accomplish what I really want to accomplish. I'm amazed that I was able to do it all myself in Quickbase. That's how easy Quickbase is.

Initial Setup:

Initial setup was extremely easy, even when starting with an app from scratch. Figuring your way around the app is very simple and help is always available, either contextually or readily available in the community.

Implementation Team:

The whole solution was implemented in-house. We have reached out to support a couple of times for some specific issues, but nothing major.

ROI:

The amount of time that you would save by creating a Quickbase app that is specifically tailored to your company's needs is immeasurable. Keeping track of this kind of data, reporting in separate documents, and keeping those relationships intact would take hours of work.

Once the application is deployed, the ROI is almost immediate, and is translated in time savings, and quick access to information.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Quickbase is probably not the cheapest app out there. That said, it is worth its weight in gold. There is no other app that I know of in the market today that can do what Quickbase does.

Once you start using it, you will realize immediately the level of attention and effort that was put in building this platform, and you will immediately realize the value of it when it comes to its licensing costs.

Other Solutions Considered:

For the most part, we tried Filemaker Pro and could not make it work for our needs. It was too cumbersome to create relationships, and the connections we needed were simply too complex to produce. Also, the interface wasn't nearly as user friendly and not easy to understand.

Other Advice:

Quickbase is an extremely powerful solution. The level of details that is available to you within the platform, as well as the integration, and API that is available makes it a versatile tool for any company's needs.

Though everyone can make use of Quickbase, I will speak specifically to those who may not have database architects and application developers on staff. Quickbase will fill that gap by filling in that skill-set within the application, and allowing almost anyone within your organization who understand business process to build the appropriate Quickbase application.

Go for a trial run, and you thank me later.

1 visitor found this review helpful