Intuit logo

QuickBase Review
Notifications and Reminders are valuable features of the solutions.

Valuable Features:

Notifications and Reminders:  QuickBase reminds me when a software license or a hardware support contract is near expiration so that I can initiate our company's procurement process in time and not miss a deadline.  QuickBase notifies me when a coworker has submitted a vacation request, and reminds me when a coworker is about to go on vacation.  These are not available in any stand-alone spreadsheets or databases.

Improvements to My Organization:

QuickBase has put a stop to our spreadsheet emailing culture.  When some data is worthy of keeping and/or require collaboration, we put it in QuickBase instead. Data in QuickBase apps are always up to date, historic data is just a click away, and everyone can create a custom report to suit his/her needs.  QuickBase has improved our efficiency and record keeping.

Room for Improvement:

Charting -- needs more data series and group in a chart.

Third-party integration -- they are working on it and I find their brand-new still-in-beta Webhooks very promising.

Use of Solution:

3 years.

Deployment Issues:

No, because QuickBase is a cloud product so there is not deployment steps needed.  The QuickBase web app / web site is compatible with all major desktop web browsers and works in mobile browsers.

Stability Issues:

No, QuickBase has been stable and reliable since I started using it.  I do not recall any significant downtime for QuickBase.

Scalability Issues:

No, QuickBase is a cloud product so I do not have to worry about scalability. I have not seen my QuickBase apps degrade in performance due to high data volume.

The only time I had to contact QuickBase Customer Service was to sign up for the Webhooks beta early-access program, by email, and they granted me access promptly.  I do not think I can provide a meaningful rating.

Excellent.  I have not had to contact technical support until recently when I signed up for the Webhooks beta early-access program.  Questions and issues I raised were quickly resolved, mostly within one business day.

Previous Solutions:

Before QuickBase, the only thing available was Microsoft SharePoint and its eForms.  These were tightly controlled by corporate IT so basically no one could use them.  The existing eForms I've seen were so poor in functionality and user experience I would not use it for my team.

Initial Setup:

QuickBase is a cloud product, so there is not really any setup required, other than signing up with QuickBase.  We have not enabled Microsoft Active Directory SSO integration with QuickBase.

Implementation Team:

We implement in-house.  Whoever got an appetite to learn QuickBase get to become a QuickBase app builder.  The recorded and live QuickBase webminars are very helpful in learning.

ROI:

We have not calculated our ROI in numeric terms, but QuickBase does make our business process less more efficient, less labor intensive, and more traceable (record keeping).

Cost and Licensing Advice:

I was not involved in pricing discussions, but we are currently limited by the number of user licenses we have.  You can start small and grow the number of user licenses, but please be generous!

Other Solutions Considered:

No, because we did not see any other comparable products at the time (or even now).  By comparison, many other products that build on top of Microsoft SharePoint do not offer the same functionality and are a waste of time and money.

Other Advice:

You can do as much or as little as you want with QuickBase.  The more apps your team build and use, the higher your ROI.  You do not get charged extra for building more apps.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Aimee white li?1414329795

0 Comments

Have A Question About QuickBase?

Our experts can help. 204,145 professionals have used our research on 5,521 solutions.