Intuit logo

QuickBase Review
Allows us to put together a basic application quickly.

Valuable Features:

The ability to put together a basic application in a just a few hours.  So you can start using it within days and then easily make additions and adjustments on the fly.

Improvements to My Organization:

We had about 350 athletes that we were trying to keep track of, with performance tests, evaluations and workouts.  Excel was killing us, and now we can do things from anywhere.  Even on our phone.

Room for Improvement:

Mobile experience isn't great, but there is a new version that is supposed to be coming out at some point in the next year.

They are releasing a new user interface (UI) this coming year (QuickBase Murcury) that will make the experience between the mobile web version and the desktop web version more cohesive.  It’s a tall task to complete because most phones just don’t have the capacity to run such a complicated ERP system.  Some of the added functions you can do on the desktop version, just aren’t even feasible for the a mobile experience.

Most applications will not be affected, but some of the more advanced ones that are running some automatic code pages may be affected.  But it is still in Beta testing so we will see.

Use of Solution:

One year.

Deployment Issues:

Some small instances when I didn't know the best way to solve for a problem, but I never had any problems with the software itself.

Stability Issues:

If you have a half decent internet connection you can do basically anything you want to do.  You have to have internet, but in today's world this is never a problem.

Scalability Issues:

I had some experience with the system platform prior, so I knew the best thing I could do was to map out the entire application before I started any building.  We are actually using version 2 off our management app.

Customer service is decent.  I sometimes fell like I have passed them slightly.  Although their access levels are much higher than mine and can fix internal issues more easily.

In my two support cases over the last year, one was resolved in a matter of days, and the other is actually still pending and has been going on for a few weeks now...

Previous Solutions:

Excel.  Do I really need to explain why we switched.  Excel will kill any business that relies on it for anything besides ... well anything.

Initial Setup:

Initially it was a little tough to get used to the terminology, but after about a week I felt right at home and was able to do almost anything.

Implementation Team:

Did it in house for a while, then used a vendor, then back and forth for a bit of both.  The vendors have access and tools to take your app to the next level, but for quick and easy fixes we do most of that in house.

ROI:

I haven't done an official calculation, but a rough estimate, based on the number of clients and schools we are able to work with now.  I'd estimate 4 - 5 times.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

Get the premier edition to start at least.  Essential plan really handicaps you for a lot of the advanced functionality that you will need to really make your app hum along very nicely.

Other Solutions Considered:

Not really.  I had looked at a few other options and spoke with a lot of end users.  QuickBase provided the most scale-ability to our business.  Even though it was a big jump, we have never looked back.

Other Advice:

Find a good vendor that can take your app to the next level with add-ons and custom integrations to other systems you might be using.

1 visitor found this review helpful
20b0d439 9eb6 4125 8d28 613b35072a5c avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About QuickBase?

Our experts can help. 234,133 professionals have used our research on 5,903 solutions.