QuickBase Review

Provides low-code / no-code development and an integrated API in a SaaS solution.

What is most valuable?

QuickBase's ability to provide low-code / no-code development and a fully integrated API in a SaaS solution has revolutionized the way we develop applications.

How has it helped my organization?

QuickBase has allowed us to develop approximately 20 production applications that all help business process flows, decrease time spent on reporting and allow for better controls and insight into our operations.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a more robust data modelling architecture, one that allows alternate keys and multi-column primary keys.

I have used it for 2.5 years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. Our deployments have been very effective. We have developed a simple set of best practices, and rolling out new apps and features has worked very well.

We have not encountered any stability issues. The system is very stable. Whenever the system is going to be down for maintenance, QuickBase is very good about communicating in advance and repeatedly.

There are row limits on tables and one of our applications has encountered this limitation. We were able to update the design of the system to spread the data across multiple tables and work around the limitation.

The customer service has been great. We always get prompt replies and our issues are resolved quickly. Pricing and negotiations are always amicable.

The customer service has been great. We always get prompt replies and our technical issues are resolved quickly.

We did not previously use a different solution. We evaluated it as the need to transition away from traditional application development became more apparent.

Initial setup was fairly straightforward. Because all configuration is custom, there was a steep learning curve and we made plenty of mistakes but overall, it went well.

We used an in-house team to implement our solution. Now, we have enough expertise that with the exception of QuickBase add-ons, we don't use third-party vendors for anything

We have evaluated our ROI timeline to be around the 24 month range. This has allowed to already be in the black from our original investment.

Licensing and pricing is very much worth the money. This can be leveraged even more by the fact that one license gets you user access to all the apps you have in production. QuickBase is very open to negotiation and finding the right price point for your company.

Before choosing, we evaluated Salesforce App Cloud and determined that for our needs and price point, QuickBase better fit our needs.

What other advice do I have?

QuickBase has really allowed us to leverage our business users' expertise while developing custom web applications. Our citizen developers' closeness to the business ensures that all the solutions they implement are as closely aligned to the business needs as possible.