QuickBooks Desktop Review

Initial setup is very straightforward, however it crashes from time to time

What is our primary use case?

It keep the books. Maybe the most valuable software that we have.

How has it helped my organization?

It keeps bills paid and invoices made. Without QB, we would be a much smaller business. Our ability would be limited to time and resources used in accounting.

What is most valuable?

It does everything your business needs it to do.

The online version is convenient. You can work with it anywhere, even on your phone.

What needs improvement?

Ease of usage, more options, and customizable areas, especially for Online QB, which needs more. Eventually, I see everything online, but it is almost as if they are only allowing us to use a limited version to keep the demand for the desktop versions.

Less than one year.

Yes, it crashes from time to time.

The online version has a lot of bugs, but it is never bad enough to hamper production.

Not sure about this one.

Very good support, though they are hard to understand sometimes. They all work in India/Pakistan and it is in the middle of the night over there. That being said, they are excellent well-informed employees, but sometimes their thick accents slow things down.

We used another software, an industry specific accounting software. It was very good at what it was for, but most people did not understand how to use it. Therefore, we moved to a quicker, more popular and usable solution, which ended up being QuickBooks.

Initial setup is very straightforward. If you do not know anything about computers, you may need help. They can always help you if you call them and ask.

Just buy it online and download it there. If you are a smaller business and one person does everything, maybe try the subscription-based online version.

I asked around, but did not try any others, except TeamDesign, the industry specific accounting software that we were using previously.

What other advice do I have?

Call them and ask for suggestions. They can make sure you get the right version for your business. It will save you time and potentially money.