Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
Allows for a fully asynchronous solution. Using Pivotal Cloud Foundry, we can scale the number of consumers or receivers.

Valuable Features:

Allowing for a fully asynchronous solution is crucial for this particular feature. The seamless nature of creating and connecting to a queue makes it really easy to code and understand. Pivotal Cloud Foundry allows us to easily scale the number of consumers (or receivers) as well. So far, no hiccups have been found with the PCF implementation.

Improvements to My Organization:

RabbitMQ allows for asynchronous solutions where previously everything was synchronous.

Room for Improvement:

The product works pretty well, but one small thing could be an improvement to the monitoring site. It could be a little bit more modern, instead of postback refreshing, etc.

Use of Solution:

We have been using Rabbit for a while and I started integrating it into the mobile project a few months ago.

Stability Issues:

Every so often, I need to clear out the queue during development. This could be a symptom of something else, but unpacked requests tend to get trapped in the queue at times.

Scalability Issues:

PCF allows us to scale the consumers.

I haven't used any technical support yet.

Previous Solutions:

To my knowledge, this is the only queuing system my company has used.

Initial Setup:

Thanks to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, initial setup was straightforward. We simply created a new RabbitMQ service, obtained credentials for the queue and started developing.

Other Solutions Considered:

I personally have not explored other queuing solutions, but have used Akka HTTP, with is a fully asynchronous web server of sorts. It's not a queuing system, but I mention it because of the asynchronous behavior. RabbitMQ was perfect for our current solution, however.

Other Advice:

The RabbitMQ documentation is pretty good. I'd only suggest making sure to read through it for the implementation language of your choice first.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 222,746 professionals have used our research on 5,697 solutions.