Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
The ability to create durable queues improved reliability and performance.

Valuable Features:

We find authentication, performance, and durable messaging the most valuable features. Due to the nature of my use case, performance and security were of the highest priority and were the main reason I chose RabbitMQ messaging frameworks.

Over time, the most useful feature became the ability to create durable queues, which increased reliability and also boosted performance.

Room for Improvement:

I would like to see improvements in fluent configuration. I'd also like to see more support for code-first environment configuration. We do a lot of this stuff as part of our deployment process via command line scripts, but I'd rather have a specific API to target rabbitmq.config and rabbitmq-env.config so that configuration could scale with my environments more easily. If more of that was baked into the RabbitMQ management HTTP API, it would help.

Use of Solution:

We have been using RabbitMQ for about 2 years.

Stability Issues:

We did not have any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

We had no issues with stability. Exactly the opposite! It actually blew me away how flexible a framework it is. It’s a very elegant solution.

I never used technical support.

Other Advice:

I've had the most success using NServiceBus over MassTransit. Look there for .NET Devs.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 209,588 professionals have used our research on 5,564 solutions.