RabbitMQ Review

The ability to create durable queues improved reliability and performance.

What is most valuable?

We find authentication, performance, and durable messaging the most valuable features. Due to the nature of my use case, performance and security were of the highest priority and were the main reason I chose RabbitMQ messaging frameworks.

Over time, the most useful feature became the ability to create durable queues, which increased reliability and also boosted performance.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements in fluent configuration. I'd also like to see more support for code-first environment configuration. We do a lot of this stuff as part of our deployment process via command line scripts, but I'd rather have a specific API to target rabbitmq.config and rabbitmq-env.config so that configuration could scale with my environments more easily. If more of that was baked into the RabbitMQ management HTTP API, it would help.

We have been using RabbitMQ for about 2 years.

We did not have any issues with stability.

We had no issues with stability. Exactly the opposite! It actually blew me away how flexible a framework it is. It’s a very elegant solution.

I never used technical support.

What other advice do I have?

I've had the most success using NServiceBus over MassTransit. Look there for .NET Devs.