Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
Complex message routing enables us to replicate product data for user acceptance testing.

Valuable Features

Complex message routing makes it very easy to replicate product data for user acceptance testing which was required in our user case.

Improvements to My Organization

Applying message queues in general has helped my company, BuzzNumber, to scale easily with the load.

Room for Improvement

The High Availability feature is not really reliable. It also took a really long time to restart the box when there were a lot of messages in the queue.

As mentioned on its document page, it cannot tolerate network partition well.
I suffered a network parturition with 3 nodes cluster and lost all data. So with our cloud provider, we can’t rely on pause_minority and seems like auto_heal is a better fit for us.

Apart from that, RabbitMQ doesn’t seem to be stable when it has high RAM usage. Especially when you have millions of queue items in a queue and a node crashes, adding a new node to such cluster will be a pain as the replication takes forever.

Use of Solution

We have used the solution for two years.

We encountered an issue with stability. It didn't work very well with millions of messages in the queue when you add a new node to the cluster.

There were no specific issues with scalability except the issue of adding a new node to the cluster.

We used the open source version with community support, so we didn't contact technical support.

We previously used MSMQ. Apparently, it is not as good as RabbitMQ in terms of the features offered.

The setup is easy.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

This is not applicable, as we were using the free version.

Other Solutions Considered

I am not aware of other evaluated options.

Other Advice

I would advise potential customers to make sure it works with your architecture, scale plan, and load. There are other alternatives.

1 visitor found this review helpful
2c42f583 83c9 4bcd 8797 d61ab27b62c4 avatar

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.