Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
I value the routing control and priority messaging capabilities. I would like to see better scaling and scalability capabilities

Valuable Features

• Great management UI: The best in its class of messaging products
  • Very sophisticated routing control and priority messaging capabilities

Improvements to My Organization

We're using this as our central messaging bus. It drives our micro-service architecture.

Room for Improvement

• The product should have much better scaling and scalability capabilities. Currently, they're really falling behind some of the competitors such as Kafka and NSQ.
  • The installation of the HA version and clustering mechanism should be made much easier.
  • The fact that a single queue can't be distributed across multiple instances/nodes is a major disadvantage.

Use of Solution

I have used the solution for over a year in the current company and for more than two years in my previous one.

We had multiple issues with stability. The product tends to be highly unstable when under heavy loads.

We had multiple issues with scalability. The product's scalability is rather problematic. It tends to be very complex to maintain with various sharding and high availability options.

I have never used technical support.

We tested some earlier version of Apache Kafka, but it wasn't stable enough at the time. At the moment, we're considering switching back to Apache Kafka.

The non-sharded/clustered setup is very easy and straightforward. The clustered solution setup is much more complicated.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We have only used the open source version.

Other Solutions Considered

We evaluated Apache Kafka, NSQ, and ActiveMQ.

Other Advice

Check the scaling issues. If scale is not an issue and you're just looking for a stable messaging queue, I would highly suggest it.

If scale is an issue, I would suggest using Apache Kafka.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.