Pivotal logo

RabbitMQ Review
I value the routing control and priority messaging capabilities. I would like to see better scaling and scalability capabilities

Valuable Features:

• Great management UI: The best in its class of messaging products
  • Very sophisticated routing control and priority messaging capabilities

Improvements to My Organization:

We're using this as our central messaging bus. It drives our micro-service architecture.

Room for Improvement:

• The product should have much better scaling and scalability capabilities. Currently, they're really falling behind some of the competitors such as Kafka and NSQ.
  • The installation of the HA version and clustering mechanism should be made much easier.
  • The fact that a single¬†queue can't be distributed across multiple instances/nodes is a major disadvantage.

Use of Solution:

I have used the solution for over a year in the current company and for more than two years in my previous one.

Stability Issues:

We had multiple issues with stability. The product tends to be highly unstable when under heavy loads.

Scalability Issues:

We had multiple issues with scalability. The product's scalability is rather problematic. It tends to be very complex to maintain with various sharding and high availability options.

I have never used technical support.

Previous Solutions:

We tested some earlier version of Apache Kafka, but it wasn't stable enough at the time. At the moment, we're considering switching back to Apache Kafka.

Initial Setup:

The non-sharded/clustered setup is very easy and straightforward. The clustered solution setup is much more complicated.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We have only used the open source version.

Other Solutions Considered:

We evaluated Apache Kafka, NSQ, and ActiveMQ.

Other Advice:

Check the scaling issues. If scale is not an issue and you're just looking for a stable messaging queue, I would highly suggest it.

If scale is an issue, I would suggest using Apache Kafka.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About RabbitMQ?

Our experts can help. 214,054 professionals have used our research on 5,586 solutions.