RabbitMQ Review

Some of the valuable features are queues, topics, and native cloud app support.

How has it helped my organization?

My company runs on high availability. It is known for high accuracy in its items that are being shipped.

To do this, drivers/vendors who are shipping these items have to send their location details frequently to the server to update their current location. It all depends on accuracy.

Based on this, the end user can plan to receive shipping items on his end. We wanted a JMS tool that can create 'queues' on the fly and pass messages from one system to another.

What is most valuable?

• Queues and topics
  • Native cloud app support
  • Light-weight
  • Easy maintenance
  • Simple and straightforward admin portals: Made it easy for users and worked out excellently for our requirements

What needs improvement?

The solution needs improvement on performance.

It was stable enough to process our requests.

We were able to operate multiple nodes and we implemented a load balancer to meet our high traffic requirements.

We have never needed technical support. It was all there in the API documents provided by RabbitMQ and there are numerous blogs available on internet.

We analyzed our requirement thoroughly and were sure that RabbitMQ was the solution for us. We didn’t look at anything else.

It was bundled with PCF, so it was never a problem for us.

Again, it was part of PCF bundle, so that was never a worry for us.

What other advice do I have?

This is a great product. It is lightweight, supports cloud native applications, is easy to implement, is easily manageable, and has excellent support. I would say, just go for it!