RabbitMQ Review

It is our main microservices connection queue. I would like to see better crisis management.

How has it helped my organization?

We use it as our main microservices connection queue.

What is most valuable?

The product's reliability is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

• The product has to improve the crisis management, especially in memory issues.
  • Its clustering feature also needs improvement.
  • I would simplify the configuration. I would add default configuration that prevents the queue system from filling out the server storage.
  • I would also decouple the queue from the RabbitMQ Management, so that the queues won't get stuck.
  • Clustering and clustering crisis management: When the cluster falls, there needs to be a simple way to recover it. It currently suffers from a recover problem.

In the regular state, there were no stability issues. When the queues are full, only complicated pre-configuration can help you so that you don't lose all of your crisis messages.

There were some scalability issues. There is no scalable queue. The cluster only supports redirections.

The documentation needs to be improved. We don't use any human technical support.

We have used DBus and ZeroMQ. We wanted something more reliable and simple, so we switched over to this tool.

The setup was okay, but there are some configurations that one needs to do by oneself. There are many dependencies as well.

It is an open source solution.

What other advice do I have?

Do many stress tests.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Keith SohlConsultant

I found your comment about clustering interesting, because it echoes my own experience of RabbitMQ clusters in production (with mirrored / HA queues). What problems did you have, specifically?

26 September 17