Rackspace Cloud [EOL] Review

This service works perfectly for us especially the support which is really efficient

How has it helped my organization?

The tourism business is seasonally based, therefore our infrastructure needs are variable. This service works perfectly for us.

What is most valuable?

We have been using:

• Cloud Servers
  • Cloud Files
  • Cloud Sites
  • Cloud CDN Bandwidth
  • Cloud Bandwidth
  • Manage Service Level feature.

The most valuable feature for us is the support, which is really efficient.

I asked for support regarding perimeter security (firewall), installing certificates, managing DNS records, backup and everything about infrastructure. They gave very fast answers and suggestions for implementation.

What needs improvement?

We have local invoicing issues for tax payments. As Rackspace doesn’t have offices in Peru, it is considered a foreign provider. Therefore, we have to pay additional taxes for this service.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would rate the technical support at 10 out of 10.

Previously we used a local service provider.

The setup was straightforward. I requested a LAMP Server and I got it in less than one hour.

The service includes licenses (for operating systems, databases, etc.). Asset management is easier with services like that.

We evaluated AWS.

What other advice do I have?

Add the Manage Service Level.

More Rackspace Cloud [EOL] reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Rackspace, Amazon, Microsoft and others in Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS Clouds). Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.