Rackspace Cloud [EOL] Review

There is easy integration with multiple providers and third-party services

What is our primary use case?

It is a cloud associate that hosts our platform. One of our product applications are hosted on Rackspace with a custom setup.

What is most valuable?

There are multiple features that are quite good. The tech support is also good.

What needs improvement?

It would be nice to have more built-in suites compared to others. It would enable easier integration.

It is very stable. It works 99.9 percent of the time. We are quite happy with it. This product is used to help broadcast football games' live streams, video matches and fantasy games, and it is used extensively. We have almost two million plus downloads, and during peak seasons, we could have 100,000 concurrent users watching 11 different matches.

There are a few backend services which are setup in a way which are not easy to scale. We try to do dump checks, which are delivered on content. So, they are pretty much where our enterprise technology industry focuses. The back-end is really complex, with a middleware that could be scalable. The scaling depends on what part of what piece of navigation you want to scale.

Tech support is very good, in terms of troubleshooting. It requires some custom integration setups and parameters for the back-end. Some metrics have to be queued for networks, as well.

It was straightforward for us. It is not very complicated because it is a hybrid setup.

Comparatively, this solution is a bit expensive. When it comes to our future needs, there is a mutual understanding, and this is important to us.

We were also considered using AWS and Microsoft Azure.

What other advice do I have?

There is easy integration with multiple providers and third-party services.