RadView WebLOAD Review

Its integration with AWS allowed us to test our registration process.

Valuable Features

It integrates with Amazon Web Services (AWS). That's definitely the number one most valuable feature for me.

Improvements to My Organization

We installed a brand new Oracle hardware server rack system on our enterprise platform.

Webload allowed us to test our registration process and to register thousands of students, many of them within the first minutes registration was open.

It was important that we were able to test our hardware prior to the event occurring.

Room for Improvement

I would like to be able to edit a scenario instead of re-recording a scenario.

Should one of the internal sites change you have to re-record from start to finish, and it would be good to be able to click through without having to start the process again.

Use of Solution

I've used Radview Webload for one year.

We did at first when we had a huge number we were trying to test with. We had set up testing in a way that was not adequate, but the AWS integration was huge because it could handle the volume we needed.

No issues.

It scales very easily. You have to put together a file of how many test samples you want, and we pulled a sample that ranged from 5 to 20 and to 1500.

Customer service is excellent. They're very responsive and willing to work extra hours. In the first couple of hours that we were up and running, they taught us how to implement it and to figure out and negotiate AWS. They were excellent.

NA

We did not use a previous solution.

Ease/complexity of setup was somewhere in the middle. There wasn't a lot of coding, but it's an intricate product and once you learn it, it's easy to maintain and manage. But there certainly was a bit of training at the outset with their staff and mine.

Implementation Team

We implemented with a vendor team whose expertise was very high. Specifically, one of the things we looked at was the higher-education qualifications. They are the vendor’s testing team and knowing that they work with our vendor was very helpful.

ROI

NA

Other Solutions Considered

We looked at a bunch of solutions.

Other Advice

I would say, plan well in advance for some testing of smaller populations and for time to play with it and acclimate. There is a pretty steep learning curve, but once you learn it, it's smooth sailing from there.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
Dr. James LoganReal User

Radview WebLoad was essential in testing our Ellucian 8 Student Registration process as well, and we plan to performance test our Ellucian 9 Student Registration process to see it scale too.

04 May 18