Radware DefensePro Review

Good configuration capabilities, good stability, and integrates well with Cisco

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for preventing distributed denial of service, or DDoS attacks.

What is most valuable?

The ease of installation is the solution's most valuable aspect.

The configuration is very simple and straightforward.

The stability of the product is very good.

The product integrates well with Cisco.

What needs improvement?

We are currently using the solution in conjunction with Cisco Firepower. In terms of the defense devices, I would like to see an improvement within the implementation and upgrade phases.

The dashboard could be updated. It's just the one that is used with Internet Explorer 11 and with outdated Java. It's only a small part of their web interface and is not the entire dashboard.

The implementation process could be a bit better.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point.

It's a very stable product. Once you gather all policies and configure all necessary policies, everything works fine.

There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been reliable in terms of performance.

We've never really tried to scale the solution. I can't speak to how easy it would be to expand it out if you needed to.

We have maybe a thousand users, and it's a very complex environment.

We'd like to maybe just increase the speed in the future - the speed of the WIFI link and internet service provider's uplinks.

Technical support has been fine overall. They are very easy to work with. We're satisfied with the level of support we've been given overall.

We did not previously use a different solution. This is our first tool for this particular purpose.

The initial setup is not complex. It's very straightforward and very easy. The configuration process, as well, is excellent and very straightforward. A company shouldn't face any issues when they are implementing the solution.

That said, we have a pretty complex environment. Our implementation process could have been easier.

The deployment process was very fast and took about one week.

There is a different team the deals with pricing, licensing, and subscriptions. I don't have any knowledge as to the overall costs.

We did not evaluate other options. We are a Cisco Gold partner, and this is their recommended and compatible product that works specifically with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense.

What other advice do I have?

We are users of the solution.

We've been mostly very happy with the product. I would rate it at a nine out of ten. They just need better implementation and to work together with Cisco for faster and better results.

Private Cloud

8.22
More Radware DefensePro reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Radware DefensePro. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.