Radware DefensePro Review

Speed of signature updates is a key feature for us

What is our primary use case?

It is used for DDoS protection, especially from low-rate DDoS attacks.

How has it helped my organization?

We use this product for various services which are delivered to our end customers.

What is most valuable?

A valuable feature is the speed of signature updates. We have received a better response from the team that does technical support.

SSL-based mitigation from DDoS attacks is good from their side. They are capable of preventing SSL-based attacks with certifications and everything loaded onto them.

What needs improvement?

From a service provider's point of view, I would like to see better scalability in terms of a platform, rather than sticking to specific models. From a subscription or model-of-operations point of view, I think they should scale it better.

If they would go to a cloud-based approach, that would give much more flexibility in terms of working with them.

They should add artificial intelligence to the platform. It is currently missing the machine learning piece.

I would like to see better implementation of a zero-day attack implementation strategy with self-mitigation.

It's stable. There is no question or doubt about it.

It has not gone down for a quite long time. It's working fine.

Scalability is okay. I would rate it as a nine out of ten.

We have eight to 11 people using the solution.

Their tech support is fantastic. Their response time has been good.

It was a straightforward setup. Deployment was not a challenge, and it took a few weeks.

The product's pricing is a good value.

The cost for maintenance is cheaper because the majority of the deployments using the solution are in areas where cost of maintenance is also lower.

We also evaluated Arbor DDoS. Licensing of Radware is quite simple and straightforward, while Arbor DDos is a bit complicated.

When we looked at changing the platform, two things came to mind. One is the scalability issue, in terms of adding more appliances into a cluster form to have better throughput. Secondly, we looked at the cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this product.

It's a straightforward, simple installation. I don't see any complexity in doing it. Even a person with a basic understanding of how a Radware platform works will be able to do it.

In case of any challenges in terms of deployment, upgrades, or in change management, the technical support is there to help us. They do miss out in terms of the cloud-based approach.