Radware DefensePro Review

Provides protection and blocks malicious invasions meant to stop a web site from being functional

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to prevent DDos attacks. These block legitimate users from accessing a website. DDoS attacks send more requests than the victim server can handle.

How has it helped my organization?

This application provides protection and blocks malicious invasions meant to stop a web site from being functional.

What is most valuable?

The defense against DDos attacks is the primary use, but the product provides other network security as well.

What needs improvement?

Converting or offering integration with the cloud solution would improve the product. Maybe a solution that does more to track the behaviors for the site and enhance the intelligence and proactive behavior.

We have been using the product for about six months.

The product is very stable. I don't need to make adjustments and there is no downtime.

The scalability on the cloud is something we do gradually. It is very scalable. We will eventually scale up but it won't be necessary for a few years.

Really, I don't have a need to contact technical support. The support materials are good enough and the product works well.

We were using another solution but it did not specifically do what this product can do. Because of our business and new regulations, we needed to protect traffic differently to be legally compliant.

Setup is very easy. It has a simple interface and it has good resources. It is a simple step-by-step process. It is very fast. We did use two people for the deployment.

It is very easy to deploy and I did it myself.

It is hard to really measure a return on our investment. It keeps us from attacks and that has inherent value.

The product isn't cheap but it is also not expensive. It is affordable. It does the job we need it to do well. We lease on a yearly basis.

We looked very briefly at specifications for other solutions but I was already familiar with what this product could do.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the solution a nine out of ten. It's easy to deploy and efficient for protecting us from attacks. It is fast for processing positives, even on multiple platforms. You need just a few minutes to set up the standard product and maybe one-hour maximum to do something more complicated.