Radware DefensePro Review

A stable solution with good DDoS protection

What is our primary use case?

The solution is mainly used to protect our web services and mail.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to integrate the solution into our network without it affecting the network overall.

What is most valuable?

The DDoS protection that the solution provides is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The documentation needs improvement and the best practices need adjustments. I find I spend a lot of time searching for information and documentation related to implementation. They need to provide better sources to make things easier.

The performance needs to be better.

The solution needs high availability. It would help you avoid some of the trouble with configuration.

I've been using the solution for six months.

The stability of the solution is good. I've never had any issues.

My understanding with the product is that it is scalable but I don't have enough experience with it yet to make a clear determination.

Technical support is okay. I had some trouble in the registration account prior to deployment, but it was fixed. They were not very fast or responsive, however. It took about one week to resolve the issue.

We did not previously use another solution.

Implementation is straightforward, once you have all the necessary documentation. I couldn't find any documentation until I was registered, however. They don't have enough public information about the solution. Before registering, I couldn't do anything. This was a new product for me, so it was important for me to have access to the implementation guide before starting.

You only need one person to handle the implementation.

I implemented the solution myself.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the private cloud deployment model.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.