Radware DefensePro Review

A stable user-friendly solution with good integration capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for attack prevention.

What is most valuable?

All of our traffic has to pass through the appliance, so we can very quickly mitigate the attack. This is a very valuable feature. On top of that, it's not only volumetric attack protection that the solution offers, but also layer 7 attack protection as well.

Another valuable aspect is that DefensePro can work together with Alteon and AppWall as one big platform. We can offer one holistic web application firewall, which covers aspects such as layer 7 protection, volumetric protection, and the web application firewall. The integration potential of the solution is great.

The solution is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

There was occasionally a lack of communication between the distributors, the vendor, and companies that can affect how the solution operates or is implemented. The level of knowledge of the product by support was not so high in the past. There were miscommunications about integration capabilities. This is just something I noticed, and it was a few years ago, so I'm not sure if the problems have already been dealt with, or if it was a one-off case.

The solution needs a bit more functionality. It would be good if DefensePro could have anti-bot functionalities in order to stop bots like web scrapers from getting onto our customers’ network.

The solution should aim to be a multi-functional platform. It could be cloud as well, but offer a mix of functionalities under one line of products.

I've been using the solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution can scale, but the license model could be more flexible.

Technical support is okay.

The initial setup isn't too easy. Know-how is very important when implementing the solution and without that, the solid security policy is risky. It's not worth it to do it without a good amount of technical knowledge.

There are other vendors that offer similar solutions, but we came to the conclusion that Radware would be the best for us. It helps us to sell the service, not only to customers who use our internet access but to others as well.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

It's a very, very good solution. I would recommend it to others.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.