Rally Software Review

Stable with good pricing and excellent reporting capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for agile project management. We use it to work on some of the challenges we have, including test management.

What is most valuable?

The product has excellent customizable reports. There are some custom lists that are deployed in the recent version as well, which have proven to be useful to our organization.

The solution is very stable. We haven't had any performance issues in that regard.

We have all the features we need. It's a good product in that sense.

The pricing, for the most part, is reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The scalability may need to be improved. We'll see within the next three to six months, as we test it.

The product needs to have more integration capabilities.

I've been using the solution for six or seven years or so. It's been a while.

The stability of the solution has been very good so far. We haven't dealt with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's very reliable.

I can't really comment on scalability. It seems to be suitable for our needs, however, we haven't tried to scale the product and therefore wouldn't really be able to comment on its capabilities.

We do plan to potentially scale in the next three to six months. At that point, we'll have a better sense of how it will handle an expansion.

I'm not sure how many users are actually on the solution at this time.

I, unfortunately, did not handle the initial setup of the product. Therefore, it would be hard for me to comment on if it was complex or straightforward. I don't have any direct knowledge.

The pricing of the solution is okay. It's reasonable. However, the licensing does increase according to the number of modules. Therefore, it can get expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are currently using the latest version of the solution right now.

I would rate the solution at a ten out of ten. We've been largely very pleased with its capabilities.

More Rally Software reviews from users
...who compared it with Jira
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Atlassian, Microsoft and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: July 2021.
523,975 professionals have used our research since 2012.