Rally Software Review

The burn up and burn down chart helps me show the progress of my team to the business.

What is most valuable?

For me, it is the burn up and burn down chart, so I can measure progress easily. It shows me the progress of the team and it helps me show the progress to my business.

How has it helped my organization?

The charts that this tool has make it transparent. Also, the information is there for everybody to share and it supports Agile methodology. This tool makes it easier. These are the features that are valuable to us. Our team’s Agile maturity level is close to expertise.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it more well connected with the PPM tool. We have Planview. It does connect to it but I would like it to connect more robustly. They just introduced a new milestone feature of the product. I would like it to be more user-friendly.

Stability of the product is good.

We have over a thousand employees using it and it is extremely scalable.

I personally haven't used technical support. We have a PPT tool support group which has used it. So, if we have any issues, we report to our PPT support group and they reach out to CA technical support.

When we moved to Agile, we were just using standard scrambled writings on the wall. We knew with the scale of our organization, we needed something to suit our needs and so we decided to invest in this product. It did meet our needs, especially in terms of scalability as we knew that there were going to be so many licenses we would need. We needed a more robust organization.

In addition, we needed someone who was flexible to work with us. At that time, it was Rally and they were very flexible to work with us. The most important criteria for choosing this vendor was their willingness to work with us, features, scalability and cost; also it needed to fit our organization culture.

I did not choose this tool personally, it was an enterprise decision.

I believe they looked at JIRA as well and they picked CA Agile Central.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it but make sure you learn the tool and understand it. Hopefully, you have a product expert.

I would like the milestone features to be more seamless and user-friendly.